In this course we initiate a hard fork of the bitcoin protocol and begin running a new version of the bitcoin core software while mining a new blockchain ledger. Forking bitcoin involves running a new version of the bitcoin core repository.
The length of the course is between 5 – 12 hours and can be taken at a moderate pace. The materials contained are intended for an advanced audience.
- Course materials are accessible on desktop and mobile devices.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be taken as many times as you wish at your own pace.
- Intermediate understanding of bitcoin and software engineering.
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
- Intermediate understanding of software development environments and computer networking.
- Basic understanding of internet protocols
- Willingness to challenge existing beliefs and assumptions